How Pets Located Works
Pets Located is different to the other 'lost and found' websites… here's how:
Pets Located provides a forum for owners of missing pets to post detailed listings of their pet and the last known location. It also provides the finders of lost animals (individuals and Animal Welfare organisations) with the facility to post detailed information of animals they have found (free of charge).
Pets Located is an independent service that uses the best available technology to automatically match the information on each posting to any similar ones on the database. This is done 24 hours a day, seven days a week on an automated basis - so, unlike other 'Lost Pet' websites, it does not rely on someone manually checking a listing. Every time a 'lost' or 'found' pet is added to our database, it will automatically be checked against existing entries.
Our unique matching service then automatically emails owners with any potential matches for them to review.
Please Note: Pets Located does NOT handle, or have direct knowledge of, any of the pets listed on the site. Communication is facilitated directly between Owners and Finders.
Why Use Pets Located?
If you have lost a pet, you are not just paying for an online presence - Pets Located continually searches its listings and automatically matches details of relevant pets which have been registered as missing to pets which have been logged as found. This search takes place 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and continues for the whole period of your missing-pet subscription.
If you have not voluntarily removed your posting before the end of your subscription the posting will expire. You will be offered the opportunity to renew your listing by email several days before the expiry date. The renewal notice will be sent to the initial email address that you registered with Pets Located. We do not renew subscriptions automatically.
Pets Located was created to provide an easy to use and efficient system for reuniting lost pets with their owners and to ensure that searching continues constantly for the entire period of your subscription.
Consider these key benefits
- Pets Located continually searches for your missing pet, 24 hours a day, for the full term of your subscription
- Free instant email notifications of potential matches
- Fresh, active database, new postings hourly
- The Pets Located web site is fast, reliable and easy to use
- Secure communication for owners/finders through the website's Messaging System - no personal details are ever given to the other party
- Matches are based on key features including distance and are graded according to strength of match
- The Pets Located web site is FREE for finders of lost animals to create a posting
- The Pets Located web site makes only a small charge starting from £6.00 per pet for an owner posting details of their missing pet
- You may be able to claim the cost of your Pets Located posting back from your pet insurance company (dependant on the terms and conditions of your particular policy)
- The Pets Located web site is search-engine optimised to ensure maximum exposure for your missing pet listing
- All lost and found registrations are immediately posted to over 12000 followers on Twitter and other websites via RSS Feeds. The details are not only seen by Animal Welfare organisations in your area, but are also regularly retweeted by our followers
- Pets Located brings together lost and found pets in one place, enabling local authority dog wardens, vets, animal rescue centres, animal charities and members of the public to access one port of information to maximise the opportunity of reuniting a pet and its owner
- As soon as a registration is complete, you can print free, ready-to-use posters from within your account
For more details and information, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page